- Builder confidence breaks previous 35-year record high: Click Here
- Interest in Vacation Homes Continues to Surge: Click Here
Now You Know:
- Airbnb: Buyers Use Rentals to Test New Neighborhoods: Click Here
- ULI: 8 Real Estate Trends Emerging from the Pandemic: Click Here
- September was a record-breaking month for prices, sales and speed: Click Here
- Nearly 16 Million People Have Moved During the Pandemic: Click Here
- Record-High Lumber Costs Add $16K to Cost of New Homes: Click Here
- Younger Americans Lead Desire for Bigger Homes, Outdoor Space: Click Here
- RE Q&A: May a Resident Have More than One Support Animal? Click Here
- Traffic picking up just before the holiday season at RSW: Click Here
- Planning Commission delays vote on One Naples again: Click Here
- SWFL golf: Tiburón adds Chubb Classic in 2021, will host all 3 Naples pro events: Click Here
- $70M Uline distribution center coming to growing Collier County corridor: Click Here
- Proposed hotel and water park could bring hundreds of jobs to Collier County: Click Here
- Best Places to Retire? 13 of the ‘Top 25’ Are in Fla: Click Here
- Southwest Florida International adjusts to traffic plunge, delays terminal expansion: Click Here
- Encompass Health to build 40-bed inpatient rehab hospital in Cape Coral: Click Here
- STEVENS CONSTRUCTION BEGINS BUILDOUT OF BAR TULIA AT MERCATO
Stevens Construction has started the buildout of Bar Tulia at Mercato located at 9118 Strada Place, Suites 8145-8150, announced Daniel Adams, vice president/principal of Stevens Construction Inc. Stevens Construction is providing a 3,200-square-foot interior renovation which will house a second location of the Fifth Avenue gastro-craft cocktail pub led by award-winning Chef/Partner Vincenzo Betulia. The new Bar Tulia, slated for completion in spring of 2021, will feature interior design elements such as reclaimed lumber, brick flooring and built-in seating. Bar Tulia will include a full commercial kitchen with a pizza oven, and will offer spacious outdoor areas with extended outdoor seating and mezzanine-level dining. Replacing the vacated space of The Wine Loft at Mercato, Bar Tulia is owned by the Campagna Hospitality Group, which operates Osteria Tulia, Bar Tulia and The French in downtown Naples. The Stevens Construction team includes project manager, Alan Bennett; superintendent, Joseph Powalski and project administrator, Angie Sugg. Architectural services are provided by Kukk Architecture & Design, P.A. and interior design by Debra Yelner of DLY Design.
- BAY COLONY GOLF CLUB COMPLETES $6 MILLION RENOVATION
Bay Colony Golf Club recently completed more than $6 million in luxurious upgrades at the exclusive private golf club, the continuum of renovations that started in 2017 with a combined value exceeding $10 million. Peacock & Lewis Architecture & Interior Design created the contemporary coastal feel that shines throughout the 37,000-square-foot building and outdoor spaces. The design experts raised the roof of the Ladies Lounge and locker rooms to make a bright, light-filled space accented with marble floors, quartz countertops and new make-up stations. The Men’s Lounge and locker room have been updated with darker hues of brown and silver. In addition, new personalized wine lockers are available to members as part of Bay Colony Golf Club’s Wine Club, along with a completely renovated and expanded Club Room offering another casually elegant dining venue. The outdoor patio now has new furniture and umbrellas, and the Pro Shop has been refreshed. Updates during the earlier renovation included an expanded Grille Room, a new Board Room, a new Wine Room for private dining and meetings, the addition of two bocce ball courts with an outdoor pavilion, as well as a new outdoor kitchen and bar for casual patio dining with views overlooking the lake and 18th green. BCBE Construction worked on both phases of the project.
- NAPLES NAMED BEST PLACE TO RETIRE IN FLORIDA
Naples ranked No. 1 in SmartAsset’s list of “Best Places to Retire” in Florida. In its sixth annual study, New York financial technology company determined the best cities to retire in Florida by analyzing tax friendliness, availability of medical care and social opportunities for seniors. Naples was recorded with 13.6% in tax; 27.1 doctors’ offices per 1,000 people; 9.2 recreation centers per 1,000 people; 1.0 retirement centers per 1,000 people; 52.8% of seniors; and a Best Places to Retire Index of 100. For study results, methodology and interactive map, click here.
- ROCKY PATEL CIGAR LOUNGE COMING TO TREEHOUSE AT BELL TOWER SHOPS
The Rocky Patel Cigar Lounge is coming soon to the Treehouse Rooftop Lounge at Bell Tower Shops in south Fort Myers. “What that means is that you get to enjoy a phenomenal Rocky Patel cigar while getting your best martini, whether it’s a chocolate martini or a gin martini, with great hors d’oeuvres, listening to live music,” says Nish Patel, executive vice president of Rocky Patel Premium Cigars, which also operates Burn by Rocky Patel cigar lounge at Mercato in North Naples. Already a two-concept, two-story venue with the open-air Treehouse lounge upstairs and the new Roots Restaurant down, the cigar lounge partnership will add another niche targeted to open in early November. Treehouse, 13499 Bell Tower Drive, Suite E-518, is open 4 to 11 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday, 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday and Saturday, and closed Monday and Tuesday. For more information call 239-437-3935 or go to RootsOfTreehouse.com.
- JIMMY P’S CHARRED BISTRO RELAUNCHES IN BONITA SPRINGS
Jimmy P’s Charred Bistro relaunched this week for lunch and dinner on U.S. 41 in Bonita Springs with a new 90-seat concept for the Pepper family, known for decades for its local butcher shop and deli specializing in house-smoked, high-grade meats. “We have more entrees and shareable dishes instead of only being steakhouse-oriented. It made more sense for us. It’s a better value for the customer,” says Jimmy Pepper Jr., who added bistro to the name of his reopened restaurant in Bonita to distinguish its new menu and separate it more from his original Charred steakhouse in Naples. Charred Bistro, 25301 U.S. 41 S., is open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. for lunch, and 5 to 9 p.m. for dinner Tuesday through Sunday. For more information call 239-390-0301 or go to CharredBistro.com.